As much as I enjoyed using the Primavista powder foundation, when it came to replacing it I wanted to try something new. So when I found myself in Hong Kong earlier this year I made it my mission to try out all the possibilities. At one point it came down to the new ones from Jill Stuart (shade not 100% match, but it was very silky. I wanted more coverage though) and Clé de Peau (truly sublime! but price!) and another from Kosé Esprique (middle of the road between the two, nothing to write home about though). Then I saw the new one from Maquillage and once I tried it I was sold. This comes really close to the effect I see with the Clé de Peau (both companies is under Shiseido). They achieve this by playing with light and reflecting them with particles in the powder – don’t quote me on that, it’s just off the top of my head and I honestly can’t remember the details.
… ok I got off my ass and here’s there blurb from CdP for their Refining Powder Foundation: (more…)
There’s a good reason for the lack of updates – I travelled to Hong Kong without my computer, and to compensate the freed up time spent a bit too much time (and money) at the makeup counters.
Here is the haul, in all its glory:
1. SOFINA Primavista Liquid Foundation UV
2. SOFINA Primavista Multi Cover Base UV
3. SOFINA Primavista Powder Foundation UV
4. Giorgio Armani Waterproof Smooth Silk Eye Pencil in black and brown
5. Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Waterproof Mascara in black
6. Astalift Essence
7. Astalift Jelly Aquarysta
8. Astalift Eye Cream
9. Muji eye pencil sharpener
10. EOS lipbalm in lemondrop
11. YSL Pure Chromatics in #8
12. KOJI Dollywink Volume mascara in black
13. SANA Gel Pencilliner EX in black
14. Prada Infusion de fleur d’oranger eau de parfum
15. Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Silk Eyeshadow in #20 & #24
16. Diorshow New Look Mascara in black
17. Chanel Joues Contraste in #69 Fleur de Lotus
18. Jo Malone Sweet Lime and Cedar Cologne
19. Maybelline Clear & Smooth pressed powder
20. Kanebo Media pressed powder
21. YSL Glossy Stain in #2
22. lunasol powder brush
23. RMK blush brush
Ok. So. They are purchases accumulated over a reasonable period of time. I’ve left out stuff like hand creams, random drugstore lip balms, skincare and sheet masks, but the reviews will be here when I get round to finish the products. I think I’ve exercised quite good restraint with this lot.
I’ve found prices in Hong Kong to be cheaper in general than in Paris. With the exception of the YSL quad – which I could’ve got cheaper here and is therefore my only real regret, everything else is either not available in France or more expensive. Buying Armani was a real pleasure in Hong Kong. The EtK shadows for example are HKD260, on sephora.fr, it is 37.50 euros… so 10 euros of difference.
I haven’t tried every single one of the products. There are a couple that I’m already using (and love) and I will do a write-up on those as soon as I can. I will start with either Armani or Chanel.
These aren’t all the items I brought back with me though – I will do a little surprise post somewhere down the road 😉