1. Stephane Marais bronzer #1 – I shouldn’t have included this one in hindsight because the brand doesn’t exist anymore. But this was my first bronzer and very dear to my heart. The Stephane Marais brand was so ahead of its time.
2. MAC Aphrodite’s Shell from Alluring Aquatic
3. Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons in 01 Blondes – this was before Guerlain revamped their Terracotta line. This shade is the new 04 Blondes. From looking at the pictures 02 Brunettes in the new line would probably be a better match for me.
4. Dior Nude Tan Healthy Glow in 002 Sunlight.
5. Caudalie Teint Divin (one shade only)
6. Bourjois Delice de Soleil in 12 for Fair/Medium Skin
1. Stephane Marais
2. Guerlain – top quad on the right only
4. Dior – swirled all quads
1-4 are the lighter bronzers and among them MAC has the least amount of orange/pink. If you have the Dior, using only the ‘D’ and the ‘U’ you can get something really close to Aphrodite’s Shell.
The Guerlain will give you the most options as all 4 of the quads have different intensity. If you’re fair now but are counting on getting some colour during summer then this will be a good option. You can however, probably get 2 separate bronzers for the price of this.
I didn’t bother swatching my Chanel Tan de Soleil (not the paste but the powder from Summer 2012, Sable Beige) but let me know if you would like to see a comparison.
Btw I used Aphrodite’s Shell the other day and I didn’t notice any of the shimmer flecks. So who knows really?