I’m still here! I haven’t forgotten about you guys! In fact I’ve been thinking about you everyday. Really. I just didn’t know where to start. Today I figured, heck I’ll just jump right back into it.
I won’t go into the reasons behind my absence yet (one of the reasons involved a haul so you guys will get more details when that post is up). But I’m still very into makeup, and recently have taken a bigger interest in skincare than I was before. I used to be a skincare freak in my early 20s … but that’s another story for another time.
Posts to expect in the near future:
– I recently did a small haul from citypharma, otherwise known as the world’s favourite drugstore/chemist/parapharmacy. Got some new staples.
– The haul briefly referred to above. Ok I went to Hong Kong so you can expect Asian brands and products.
– I’m waiting for a few deliveries. One is from sephora.fr, who has successfully enticed me with a one-off 25% off code going on. I ordered some Clarins (skincare) and by Terry.
– Next I bought an overpriced lipstick on evilbay. The price I paid in US$ would be the equivalent of retail I pay here so I have that to console myself. It’s a drugstore brand and here in France, drugstore = 12 euros maybe? Revlon’s Color Burst lippies for example cost 15.40 euros, the Just Bitten crayons are 9.90. In general they are 15 euros I’d say for L’oreal, Maybelline etc. Which makes them UD$20 a pop.
– Lastly for the first time in ageessss I bought perfume blind. These I got from Douglas online. I can’t even remember what made me go to their site but I found them on sale and thought why not.
– Rae Morris brushes. Yes I caved and bought a few. Just waiting for my contact in Oz to forward them to me, but I’m really excited about these.
Not to mention the old posts/unfinished drafts I had going. I haven’t forgotten about the cleansing oil post for example. It’s coming, I promise! If it makes it better I now have a new one to add to the 3 I was going to talk about. I’ve also got the empties post… expect a big one as it features products I’ve finished during the last few months.
And that’s all. I’m working on a few of them and just need to get the pics ready – that’s always been my problem actually. To make it worse though, I’ve recently switched from Mac OS back to Win 8 after 7 years of using Mac and I’m still trying to get a better feel with this new thang, knowing my way around and performing the tasks I want it to do without fumbling around.
Anyway it’s been months after all so I’ll slip in a quick review below:
I’ve mentioned in other posts – I have dry hands that are washed frequently everyday so hand creams are products that I probably use the most in the whole beauty/upkeep regime. I think most of the hand creams on the market are perfumed rubbish that don’t do anything for my hands so I tend to go for richer creams and avoid everything marked lotion. This is the Extra-rich hand cream from Melvita. 150ml, 16.50 euros. It is Eco certified organic and is made in France.
The blurb on the back:
This exceptionally rich, smooth cream protects, nourishes and relieves even the driest and most damaged hands. The moisturizing action of Aloe vera, cocoa and shea butters combined with the repairing properties of argan and hazelnut oils give your hands an immediate feeling of comfort and smoothness.
I’m about 2/3rds of the way through the tube. Because of its size I have left it on the kitchen counter at home and recently transferred it to work. I will agree that it is a rich cream, and you have to work it in your hands for a while to have it absorbed properly. It’s rich but not like the Norwegian formula from Neutrogena. That one is very rich and balm-like I would say. The Melvita is nowhere near as balmy/waxy, it is still a thickish cream, but not as dense as Kiehl’s creme de corps for example. It is lightly scented with a herbal kind of fragrance (see ** items in ingredients list) and has a light yellow tinge in colour. It doesn’t leave your hands greasy afterwards. Once you rub the product in it does get absorbed nicely. And a little goes a long way, so the tube should last a fair amount of time.
I’d say it’s an above average hand cream, and a good option for those who want their hand creams to be ‘natural’ , organic etc. Bear in mind however that AFAIK this is the only size it comes in so if you’re looking for something portable be prepared to get something to transfer the product to.
Here are the ingredients:
Water, aloe barbadensis extract (aloe barbadensis leaf extract*), glycerin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, dicaprylyl carbonate, octyldodecanol, cetearyl alcohol, butyrospermum parkii butter (butyrospermum parkii shea butter) oil*, glyceryl oleate, glyceryl stearate, olivoyl hydrolyzed wheat protein, argania spinosa oil (argania spinosa fernel oil*), corylus avellana nut oil (corylus avellana hazel seed oil*, stearic acid, theobroma cacao butter (theobroma cacao seed butter*), benzyl alcohol, parfum, sclerotium gum, dehydroacetic acid, potassium hydroxide, linalool**, citric acid, tocopherol, limonene**, geraniol**
Here’s a bit in French on the percentages of the components that I thought could be helpful:
Composants: Gel d’aloe vera* (15%), glycérine végérale (6%), beurre de karité* (3%), huile d’argan* (2%), huile de noisette* (2%), beurre de cacao* (1%),complexe d’huiles essentielles (0,55%).
* ingredients from organic farming
**natural components of fragrance
98,6% of ingredients are natural
23% of ingredients are from organic farming