I’m still here! I haven’t forgotten about you guys! In fact I’ve been thinking about you everyday. Really. I just didn’t know where to start. Today I figured, heck I’ll just jump right back into it.
I won’t go into the reasons behind my absence yet (one of the reasons involved a haul so you guys will get more details when that post is up). But I’m still very into makeup, and recently have taken a bigger interest in skincare than I was before. I used to be a skincare freak in my early 20s … but that’s another story for another time.
Posts to expect in the near future:
– I recently did a small haul from citypharma, otherwise known as the world’s favourite drugstore/chemist/parapharmacy. Got some new staples.
– The haul briefly referred to above. Ok I went to Hong Kong so you can expect Asian brands and products.
– I’m waiting for a few deliveries. One is from sephora.fr, who has successfully enticed me with a one-off 25% off code going on. I ordered some Clarins (skincare) and by Terry.
– Next I bought an overpriced lipstick on evilbay. The price I paid in US$ would be the equivalent of retail I pay here so I have that to console myself. It’s a drugstore brand and here in France, drugstore = 12 euros maybe? Revlon’s Color Burst lippies for example cost 15.40 euros, the Just Bitten crayons are 9.90. In general they are 15 euros I’d say for L’oreal, Maybelline etc. Which makes them UD$20 a pop.
– Lastly for the first time in ageessss I bought perfume blind. These I got from Douglas online. I can’t even remember what made me go to their site but I found them on sale and thought why not.
– Rae Morris brushes. Yes I caved and bought a few. Just waiting for my contact in Oz to forward them to me, but I’m really excited about these.
Not to mention the old posts/unfinished drafts I had going. I haven’t forgotten about the cleansing oil post for example. It’s coming, I promise! If it makes it better I now have a new one to add to the 3 I was going to talk about. I’ve also got the empties post… expect a big one as it features products I’ve finished during the last few months.
And that’s all. I’m working on a few of them and just need to get the pics ready – that’s always been my problem actually. To make it worse though, I’ve recently switched from Mac OS back to Win 8 after 7 years of using Mac and I’m still trying to get a better feel with this new thang, knowing my way around and performing the tasks I want it to do without fumbling around.
Anyway it’s been months after all so I’ll slip in a quick review below:
I’ve mentioned in other posts – I have dry hands that are washed frequently everyday so hand creams are products that I probably use the most in the whole beauty/upkeep regime. I think most of the hand creams on the market are perfumed rubbish that don’t do anything for my hands so I tend to go for richer creams and avoid everything marked lotion. This is the Extra-rich hand cream from Melvita. 150ml, 16.50 euros. It is Eco certified organic and is made in France.
The blurb on the back: (more…)